About East Bay Rheumatology Medical Group INC
“Who we are"
East Bay Rheumatology Medical Group, Inc. has served the East Bay community of Northern California for more than 30 years. We are dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of patients with rheumatic and autoimmune diseases. Our physicians are board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology with extensive experience in clinical practice, teaching and research.
Our practice integrates excellent medical care with comprehensive services. We combine the most recent conventional Rheumatology approach, specialized testing and anti-inflammatory therapies for optimum results. EBRMG makes every effort to customize its care to the particular needs of patients. We also offer patients the opportunity to access innovative treatment by maintaining an active clinical research program that participates in international trials to evaluate new medication for the diseases that we treat.
Dr. C. Michael Neuwelt
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. – Fellowship
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. – Residency
- The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. – Medical School
- The University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI – Undergraduate School
Dr. C. Michael Neuwelt has practiced general rheumatology in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 40 years. He received the Lupus Foundation of Northern California First Purple Ribbon Award in 2014 for outstanding commitment to lupus treatment and research. He is a clinical professor of Medicine at the University of California San Francisco and Director of Rheumatology Core Curriculum at St. Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco, CA. He has been challenged and fascinated by Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) since 1973 during his third year of medical school. This challenge has continued in his private clinic in San Leandro, CA. Dr. Neuwelt loves all aerobic exercise and is devoted to his wife of 45 years, two daughters and two grandchildren.
Dr. Suneet Grewal
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,Los Angeles, CA – Fellowship
- Highland Hospital, Oakland, Ca – Residency
- St. George’s University, Grenada – Medical School
- UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Ca – Undergraduate Studies